Arts and Music are alive and thriving in Kirkwood. Here are just a few examples.
- Art at the Station features monthly art exhibits at the historic Kirkwood Train Station, 110 W. Argonne Drive. Art can be viewed when the Station is open for passengers. The exhibits and artist receptions are free and open to the public. Learn more by visiting the Kirkwood Arts Commission page on this website (click this link).
- The Making Music Summer Concert Series features local and regional music in every imaginable style. Making Music runs June through August on select Saturdays, at 7:30 p.m., in the Lions' Amphitheatre in Kirkwood Park. The summer schedule will typically be posted by April of each year on the this page and on the Kirkwood Arts Commission page on this website (see above). These concerts are free and open to the public.
- Summer Concert Series at Station Plaza: This series features local and regional musical acts on select Thursday evenings, 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., June through September, at Station Plaza in downtown Kirkwood. These concerts are free and open to the public. Many of them are sponsored by downtown business. For a full concert schedule, starting in late spring, visit the Downtown Kirkwood website.
- Route 66 Cars and Guitars Festival: This annual festival marks the beginning of summer in Kirkwood with great local and regional music and a fun and fabulous display of vintage cars. For full details, visit the Route 66 Cars and Guitars Festival page of this website.
- Kirkwood Greentree Festival: This annual three-day festival has been a happening event for more than 55 years. It kicks off every year on the 2nd weekend after labor Day in Kirkwood Park with music, food, an arts and crafts booth area, the Folklife Festival, games and activities for kids, and a car show and sailboat regatta on Sundays. There's something for everyone. Bring the whole family. Learn more about the Festival on this page of this website.
- Tunes at Ten: During late spring and continuing into early fall, Kirkwood's Farmers' Market features live local music on Saturday mornings at 10:00 a.m., at the Market. For more information, visit the Downtown Kirkwood website.
- Mayfest in Downtown Kirkwood: Each year, Downtown Kirkwood hosts a Mayfest celebration at Station Plaza and the Farmers' Market Greenway - typically on the day before Mother's Day. Mayfest features the Artists in Bloom art show, live music, and a great plant sale by the Kirkwood Garden Club. Visit the Downtown Kirkwood website to learn more.