Both the office and the courtroom of the Kirkwood Municipal Court are located at Kirkwood City Hall, 139 S. Kirkwood Road, Kirkwood, Missouri 63122. The office is located on the lower level of City Hall. The courtroom is located on the second floor of City Hall in Council Chambers.
Contact the Court Clerk:
- Phone: 314-822-5840
Office Hours for the Court:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Court Days (Tuesdays): 8:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. All calls should be directed to the Office of the Municipal Court during these hours. Staff cannot be reached on court nights by phone.
Court Sessions and Times
Court Times: Courtroom doors open at 6:15 p.m. and remain open while court is in session. The Trial Docket starts at 6:30 p.m. Court starts at 7:00 p.m.
Court Dates: Court convenes on the first four Tuesdays of the month, unless otherwise noted, as follows:
Paying Fines / Tracking a Case
Did you receive a traffic ticket or citation?
You have been summoned to appear in court on the date shown on your ticket unless it has been otherwise paid. You may plead not guilty by appearing in court, and a trial date will be set. If you plead guilty in court and are unable to pay, you will receive a new court date for payment.
You may also plead guilty by paying online, by mail (with payment), or in person by coming to the Kirkwood Municipal Court office / Traffic Violations Bureau, which is located at Kirkwood City Hall on the lower level. If you pay by any of these three methods, no court appearance would be necessary. Failure to pay will not result in a warrant being issued. However, failure to appear may result in a warrant being issued.
Note: If you were involved in an accident and received a citation, you must appear in Court.
How to Pay and Other Information:
- Pay by Mail: Make check payable to City of Kirkwood. Do not send cash. Sign the back of the citation, and enclose with payment. Mail to: Kirkwood Municipal Court, 139 S. Kirkwood Road, Kirkwood, Missouri 63122
- Pay in Person: Kirkwood Municipal Court is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and is located at Kirkwood City Hall, lower level, 139 S. Kirkwood Road, Kirkwood, Missouri 63122.
- Pay Online:
- How much is your fine? Look it up here: Traffic Violations Bureau Schedule of Offenses and Fines for 2020
- Pay it here: Pay fine.
- Need to look up or track your case? Look it up here: MissouriCase.net.
- Once you have entered your name or case number, you will need to enter: 21st Judicial Circuit in St. Louis County.
Paying Your Ticket Online
If you received a payment schedule with your ticket that lists the prepay amounts on your particular violation, you may have the option of paying this violation online. You will need to go to www.courts.mo.gov and select the "Make a Payment" link. Then select the "Plead and Pay Your Traffic Ticket Without Having to Go to Court" link. This may be done only up to the court date on your ticket. After that date has passed, it will no longer be pre-payable online. You will need to contact the court. There is a convenience fee charged based on the amount of the ticket.
If you have already pled on your case and are making payments, you would need to select the "Pay After Going to Court and Been Found or Plead Guilty" link.
Operating Orders and Court Documents
Information for Attorneys
Missouri-licensed attorneys must electronically file per administrative order dated September 1, 2019. Attorneys may register free for an account or electronically file on this page:
For other questions or information regarding recommendations, please contact the Prosecutor's Assistant at 314-984-5903.
- Court Rule 69: Incorporation of Operating Rule 4, Registration of Judges, Jury Trials, Disqualifications of Judge, Agreement to Share Courtroom
- Your Rights in Court
- Courtroom Standards
- Definitions and General Information
- Community Service Agreement
- Financial Statement
- Judge's Compliance Order
- Kirkwood Court Reform Main Order