Report a missed pick-up, schedule a bulky pick-up, or report a sanitation concern: Call 314-822-5828 or email: email@example.com.
New Trash Carts - New Automated Trash System
Please read all about the City's transition to trash carts and automated collection on this page of the City website.
- Base sanitation service, which includes trash collection and curbside recycling: $20.50 per month
- Rear-yard service: $35.25 per month. Call 314-822-5828 to inquire
- Yard Waste Disposal
- Yard waste bags: Package of 5 (does not require sticker): $10.50 per package. Available at Kirkwood City Hall and other locations (see "Yard Waste Disposal")
- Yard waste stickers: For use with non-Kirkwood yard waste bags: $1.75 per sticker
- Bulky pick-ups
- Curbside Recycling
- Collection Days: Find your collection day by street address
- Trash Bags: Place up to five bags at the curb each week. Your monthly rate includes 50 plastic trash bags, delivered each year in August to all curbside customers.
- Bags and throw-away containers are limited to 35-gallon bags and a weight of less than 50 pounds.
- Extra Bags: Additional plastic trash bags can be purchased at Kirkwood City Hall, 139 S. Kirkwood Road, during regular business hours, or at Kirkwood Community Center, 111 S. Geyer Road. The cost is $7.00 for 50 bags.
- Please note: Other than the City-provided recycling cart, any container placed at the curb will be removed as trash and not returned.
- Bulky Collection: Basic service does not include loose building materials, such as lumber, dry wall, railroad ties, or carpeting. These materials can be picked up through our Bulky Collection service.
- Yard Waste: Pick up of leaves, grass clippings, garden residue, limbs, or brush is not included in the basic residential service. This is part of our Yard Waste service.
- Hazardous Waste: St. Louis County has a permanent Household Hazardous Waste collection site (link to external page). You must make appointments in advance to drop off materials.
- Collection Time: Trash and recycling should be placed at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled collection day and no earlier than dusk on the previous evening.
- 2019 Holidays: Here is a list of holidays when sanitation is delayed.
- Sanitation Brochure: The City publishes a Sanitation Brochure each year and mails it to residents with their utility bills in December. Read it here.
- Sign up for Trash Talk, the City's e-newsletter about all things trash, by sending an email to Newsletters@kirkwoodmo.org.
Contact the Sanitation Superintendent, John Howze: 314-822-5828 or HowzeJE@kirkwoodmo.org