Report a missed pick-up, schedule a bulky pick-up, or report a sanitation concern: Call 314-822-5828 or email: email@example.com.
New Trash Carts - New Automated Trash System
Please read all about the City's transition to trash carts and automated collection on this page of the City website.
Basic sanitation service. This includes once-per-week trash collection and curbside recycling:
- 65-gallon trash service: $20.50 per month
- 95-gallon trash service: $25.50
Rear-yard service. This is also once-per week trash and recycling. Call 314-822-5828 to inquire:
- 65-gallon trash service: $35.25 per month
- 95-gallon trash service: $40.25
- Yard waste bags: Package of 5 (does not require sticker): $10.50 per package. Available at Kirkwood City Hall and other locations (see "Yard Waste Disposal")
- Yard waste stickers: For use with non-Kirkwood yard waste bags: $1.75 per sticker
- Christmas Tree Pick-Up: The City will pick up Christmas trees curbside at no additional charge during the month of January each year - on your regular collection day. In February and other months, however, a yard sticker must be affixed to the tree. Please remove all decorations and lights, and please do not place the tree in a plastic bag.
- Collection Days: Find your collection day by street address
- The City of Kirkwood will collect all trash, recyclables, and yard waste one day per week for every single-family household. Please have all materials at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on your sanitation collection day.
- The City provides each single-family household with a 65-gallon recycling cart and a 65-gallon trash cart (or a 95-gallon trash cart if requested). Loose recyclables - no plastic bags - should be placed in the recycling cart, while loose or bagged trash should be placed in the trash cart.
- Cart Placement: The trash and recycling carts should be placed behind the curb, three feet apart from each other and three feet away from obstructions such as cars, trees, or mailboxes. Carts should be placed with the handle on the sidewalk side.
- Any oversized cardboard that won't fit in the recycling cart may be taken to the Scheidegger Depository, or call 822-5828 for an extra recycling pick-up.
- Please understand that weather and other unforeseen circumstances may delay collection into the evening, so please leave all materials out until they have been picked up.
- Bulky Collection: Basic service does not include loose building materials, such as lumber, dry wall, railroad ties, or carpeting. These materials can be picked up through our Bulky Collection service.
- Yard Waste: Pick up of leaves, grass clippings, garden residue, limbs, or brush is not included in the basic residential service. This is part of our Yard Waste service.
- Hazardous Waste: St. Louis County has a permanent Household Hazardous Waste collection site (link to external page). You must make appointments in advance to drop off materials.
- For a list of 2020 holidays and other important information, please read the Sanitation Brochure.
- Sign up for Trash Talk, the City's e-newsletter about all things trash, by sending an email to Newsletters@kirkwoodmo.org.
Contact the Sanitation Superintendent, John Howze: 314-822-5828 or HowzeJE@kirkwoodmo.org