Development Code Update Project
(Kirkwood by Design)
The City is currently in the process of reviewing and updating our various development codes. This includes our zoning, subdivision, architectural review, and sign codes. For more information about this project, please visit the project-specific website at www.kirkwoodbydesign.com.
If you missed the public presentation on December 12th, please feel free to click on the links below. These links will bring you to YouTube videos that contain the visual presentation synced with the audio from the presentation. Due to the size of the files, the presentation was divided into 6 parts.
- City Planner Jonathan Raiche, AICP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-984-5926
- Assistant City Planner Amy Lowry, AICP: email@example.com or 314-822-5815
- The Planning and Zoning office is located at Kirkwood City Hall, 139 S. Kirkwood Road, on the lower level
The Planning and Zoning Division of the Public Services Department reviews new development in the City of Kirkwood, including:
- Ensuring new development and redevelopment are in compliance with the City's Code
- Working with land owners on subdivision matters
- Working with residents, developers, and business owners on permitting
- Providing long-range planning services such as updates to the Comprehensive Plan that look to the future
- Supporting the Planning and Zoning Commission
Access the City's Zoning Map on this page of our website.
Looking for Development Opportunities?
Click here for the Kirkwood Road & Big Bend sub-area Market Analysis Flyer. The flyer includes some market data for the area on the north side of the intersection of Kirkwood Road & Big Bend Boulevard. For the complete findings of the commercial market analysis, go to the Long Range Planning webpage.
Forms and Applications for Developers
- Meeting schedule and submittal deadlines for Planning & Zoning applications
- Apply for a Rezoning, Site Plan, Special Use Permits, and more - One application covers everything
- Subdivision Application Packet - Apply to subdivide your land, including splitting one lot into two
- Boundary Adjustment Plat Packet - Apply to move a property line between you and your neighbor or to consolidate multiple properties into one
Kirkwood Development Regulations
- Residential Setback Summary
- Zoning Code
- Medical Marijuana Amendment
- Downtown - Parking Lot Amendment
- Downtown - Frontage Occupation Amendment
- Downtown - Front Yard Setback Amendment
- Parking Requirements - Liner Buildings
- Parking Requirements - Off-site Proximity
- Parking Requirements - Shared Parking
- Parking Requirements - Parking Rates
- Parking Requirements - Bicycle Parking
- Subdivision Code
- Sign Code (Sec. 5-7 through 5-20)
- Fence Code (Sec. 5-36 through 5-46)