City Hall Access Limited. Community Center Closed. 

City facilities other than City Hall will remain closed to the public. Residents interested in purchasing yard waste bags or tags can click HERE for information on retail establishments where they can be purchased. Contractor grade black trash bags in bulk can be purchased at most home improvement stores.


Amtrak service has not been suspended, however all Amtrak passengers will be required to wear a mask (and provide their own when doing so).


Please call police dispatch at 314-822-5858 for general inquiries or for further assistance.  Other inquiries can be made by emailing

Stay up to date on changes to City services and facility closures from the City of Kirkwood HERE. Subscribe to Kirkwood's E-Newsletter HERE

Boards and Commissions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Kirkwood Boards and Commissions have an important role in City government. Members are appointed by the City Council upon recommendation of the Mayor or a Council member. Most boards and commissions are advisory only. They study issues and make recommendations.

Minutes for Boards and Commission meetings are posted online for one year. Older minutes can be obtained by contacting the Office of the City Clerk at 314-822-5802 or

Click on any Board or Commission on the left-side navigation menu on this page to learn more about the City's Boards and Commissions.  Two other groups meet rarely and do not have pages on this website:

  • Civil Service Commission:  The Civil Service Commission meets as needed. It has three members, each with 4-year terms. The CSC ensures fair and just municipal employment; ensures that employees are selected and promoted on the basis of merit; serves as a board of review to the Human Resources Department and City Council concerning general personnel policies, upon request; serves as a board of hearing concerning employee grievances with their decision being final and binding.
  • Public Facilities Authority:  The Public Facilities Authority meets to issue bonds and once the bonds have been issued does not meet again. 

Contact Us

Get Involved!  Serve on a Board or Commission

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer