Local Business Incentives: Financial incentives, when used properly, can be a great tool to promote economic activity. The City of Kirkwood understands this reality. The following is a list of the most common financial incentives that have been utilized in Kirkwood and are available for your business;
- Downtown Façade Improvement Program
- Community Improvement District
- Neighborhood Improvement District
- Transportation Development District
- Tax Increment Financing
- Industrial Development Bonds
Kirkwood Utilities - both Electric and Water - offer incentives on a case-by-case basis.
Kirkwood Electric reviews the load associated with a proposed building and the annual revenue associated with that load. Extension costs for new electric service may be waived up to 10 percent of the annual revenue associated with the building. This includes providing the transformer.
Kirkwood Water will participate in cost-sharing for the upsizing of water mains in order to meet fire flow requirements.
State Business Incentives: In addition to these programs, the Missouri Department of Economic Development has a comprehensive listing and description of financial incentives available to eligible businesses. A few incentives that may be applicable to your project or business within Kirkwood include:
- Building Use Incentives for Large-Scale Development (BUILD) Program
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing
- SBA 504 Loans