COVID-19 Missouri Business Relief Information
Updated 4/7/2020 (list provided by Mo. Dept. of Economic Development)
Financial Relief & Assistance
- Paycheck Protection Program
A program for small businesses needing to ensure pay for their employees and other essential debts. Lenders may begin processing loan applications as soon as April 3, 2020.
- SBA Disaster Loans
Detailed information about Economic Injury Disaster Loans. For specific questions or assistance in applying, call the SBA hotline at (800) 659-2955 (English and Spanish)
- CARES Act Programs for Small Businesses
Information on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act for small businesses
Outlines immediate relief opportunities for rural residents, businesses, and communities impacted by COVID-19
- Facebook Small Business Grants
$100 million in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses
- Broadband Resources
Several broadband providers are temporarily offering free internet service, waiving disconnect and late fees, and other measures to help people at home access the services they need.
- Department of Labor
- Relaxing the work search requirement for claims
- Waiving the week waiting period
- Waive charging COVID-19 related claims on the employers’ unemployment insurance accounts, to help employers avoid negative impact on their payroll tax rate
- Department of Revenue
- Extended the tax filing deadline to July 1
- Granting automatic extensions on expiring driver licenses, nondriver licenses and instruction permits
- Department of Natural Resources
- Now accepting requests for enforcement discretion for businesses that may not be able to maintain compliance due to workforce shortages
- Department of Insurance and Commerce
- Waiving statutes and rules for pharmacists, nurses and other health care fields to keep more professionals in the workplace and able to help combat the virus
- Executive Order
- Allowing restaurants to sell unprepared foods
Access "Choose Kirkwood" here - the City's new online data and research tool. The Choose Kirkwood tool not only provides a space for available commercial properties to be listed by brokers, but it also allows interested businesses or individuals to look at various demographic, labor force, and economic data. The data can be customized within a certain distance of a particular site or can be viewed for the entire City of Kirkwood. This is a great FREE tool that can help you make an informed decision about locating or expanding your business in Kirkwood!
Kirkwood Open for Business
The City of Kirkwood is ready to roll up its sleeves and work hand in hand with existing and potential businesses to expand or plant roots within our community. "Kirkwood Open for Business" is a partnership between the City, the Kirkwood-Des Peres Chamber of Commerce, and the Downtown Special Business District , working together to help you build your business right here in Kirkwood! Got questions? We have answers.
What does it mean that Kirkwood is open for business? It means that City staff are here to help and support you while you get your new Kirkwood business up and running or your development project through the approval process. It means you've come to the right place. For questions about opening your business, please call City Planner Jonathan Raiche at 314-984-5926.
Looking for Development Opportunities?
For more information regarding development opportunities and the economic goals of the City, visit the Long Range Planning page of our website to find the City's Comprehensive Plan, Downtown Master Plan, and recent commercial market analyses.
Want to Know More About Kirkwood?
Take a look at our Community Profile below. Feel free to click the icons at the top for a targeted data set. We hope this information helps inform your decisions about locating or expanding your business in Kirkwood!
Jonathan Raiche, AICP - Director of Planning & Development Services
139 S. Kirkwood Rd.
Kirkwood, MO 63122