2020 Favorite Building Awards
The Landmarks Commission is Accepting Nominations for Favorite Building Awards
Nominations are currently being sought for “Favorite Buildings” that contribute to the architectural character of Kirkwood. Buildings or places deserving of recognition may be nominated through April 3, 2020 in the following categories:
- Quality restoration of an existing building to its former glory.
- Maintenance or improvement of an existing building through landscaping or cosmetic treatment which reinforces its character.
- Architectural design for an addition. The addition must acknowledge the character of the original by relating to it through the use of scale, proportion, materials, textures and details.
- Architectural design for new construction. The new construction should fit into the existing character of its neighborhood and be compatible with adjoining buildings through the use of scale, proportion, materials, textures and details.
- Neighborhood integrity. A “neighborhood of distinction” is an area of architectural significance and character that has maintained its integrity for 50 years or more.
Nomination Forms may be obtained at the Kirkwood library, City Hall building department, or on the City’s website: www.kirkwoodmo.org/landmarks. The members of the Landmarks Commission shall review all nominations to select this year’s recipients. The Awards will be presented on May 13, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall.