Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Kirkwood. Current job openings are listed below. The City does not accept or keep resumes or applications for jobs that are not currently open. For questions about job opportunities, call the Kirkwood Human Resources Department at 314-822-5809, or send an email to email@example.com
For positions requiring resumes, you may email (above), fax (314-822-5863), or mail your resume to: Kirkwood City Hall, Human Resources Department, 139 S. Kirkwood Rd., Kirkwood, MO 63122.
Resumes, Applications, and Closing Dates:
- Resumes are not accepted for all job openings. See individual job postings for instructions on how to apply.
- For most positions, if an application is required, you can complete it online and submit it directly to Human Resources via the link provided. If you prefer a hard copy, you can pick one up from the Human Resources Department at Kirkwood City Hall, or call and request one (see below).
- For Police Officer and Firefighter / Paramedic openings, however, you must call and request an application. These applications are different from the online application.
- Call 314-822-5809 or 314-984-6975 to request an employment application.
- A closing date is provided for each job posted.
- City of Kirkwood's Personnel Rules and Regulations.
Persons requiring an accommodation to apply for a job opening should contact Human Resources at 314-822-5809.
The City of Kirkwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Street Maintenance Worker
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$33,939-$36,500 annually
- Posted Date:07/25/2019 2:23 PM
MAINTENANCE WORKER I, FULL-TIME
PUBLIC WORKS - STREET DEPARTMENT
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Drive and operate all Street Department equipment including front end loader, backhoe, skid loader, tandem truck, bucket truck, dump trucks, salt spreaders, snow plows, pickup trucks, street sweeper, stump grinder, etc.
- Shovel, patch, move, lift, and sweep hot asphalt, cold asphalt, sawdust, sand, rock, concrete, dirt and other material in the repair of streets and sidewalks.
- Cut and rake grass using rakes, riding lawn mowers, power hedge trimmers, blowers, etc.
- Remove snow, ice, dead animals, and debris from properties, streets, and sidewalks.
- Operate pavement grinders, asphalt curb machines, paint machine, sign machine, post puller, and post remover.
- Climb ladders, lift, bend, reach, kneel, push weight of up to 40 pounds, pull weight of up to 70 pounds or more, grip, hold, carry, and lift up to 65 pounds or more.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License with air brake endorsement.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with frequent interruptions.
- Experience in street and sidewalk construction or maintenance.
- Experience operating trucks and heavy equipment.
- Willing and able to work overtime including evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends.
Indoor and outdoor working environment. May encounter hazards from working in extreme weather conditions as well as exposure to hot material, hazardous material, dust, and other allergens. Exposure to constant and extreme noise.
SALARY: $33,939 - $36,500 per year plus excellent benefits. Position is open until filled.
To apply: Complete the electronic employment application located here OR: A paper application can be picked up at Kirkwood City Hall, 139 South Kirkwood Road, 63122 OR: call 314-984-6975 to have one e-mailed, mailed, or faxed to you. Return paper applications to: City of Kirkwood, Attn: Human Resources-SMW, at the address listed above.
PERSONS REQUIRING AN ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR A JOB OPENING SHOULD CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 314-822-5809.
THE CITY OF KIRKWOOD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.