Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Kirkwood. Current job openings are listed below. The City does not accept or keep resumes or applications for jobs that are not currently open. For questions about job opportunities, call the Kirkwood Human Resources Department at 314-822-5809, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For positions requiring resumes, you may email (above), fax (314-822-5863), or mail your resume to: Kirkwood City Hall, Human Resources Department, 139 S. Kirkwood Rd., Kirkwood, MO 63122.
Resumes, Applications, and Closing Dates:
- Resumes are not accepted for all job openings. See individual job postings for instructions on how to apply.
- For most positions, if an application is required, you can complete it online and submit it directly to Human Resources via the link provided. If you prefer a hard copy, you can pick one up from the Human Resources Department at Kirkwood City Hall, or call and request one (see below).
- For Police Officer and Firefighter / Paramedic openings, however, you must call and request an application. These applications are different from the online application.
- Call 314-822-5809 or 314-984-6975 to request an employment application.
- A closing date is provided for each job posted.
- City of Kirkwood's Personnel Rules and Regulations.
Persons requiring an accommodation to apply for a job opening should contact Human Resources at 314-822-5809.
The City of Kirkwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Assistant City Engineer
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$72,113 - $79,331 annually
- Posted Date:07/25/2019 2:21 PM
ASSISTANT CITY ENGINEER, FULL-TIME
Provides construction management, contract administration and inspection for public improvements..
Provides engineering support to Public Services and other City departments.
Plans, designs, oversees design and provides estimates for public projects.
Reviews single family residential site plans and inspects storm water BMPs.
Accumulates field data to design various public works projects. Prepares preliminary design, cost estimates, and contract documents.
Coordinates the City’s NPDES Phase II Storm Water Program with M.S.D. and Missouri D.N.R.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or closely related field.
Five years of experience in civil engineering positions, preferably in a municipal setting.
A valid Missouri Driver’s License.
Must be available to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends and be available on call for emergencies.
Both indoor office environment and outdoors working environment. Outdoor working environment includes exposure to a variety of extreme weather conditions and subject to unleveled and uneven working surfaces (construction sites). Exposure to health hazards associated with construction activities, i.e., asbestos, dust, fumes, extreme noise, and odors.
STARTING SALARY: $73,113 - $79,331, DOQ, per year plus excellent benefits.
To apply: Complete the electronic employment application located here OR: A paper application can be picked up at Kirkwood City Hall, 139 South Kirkwood Road, 63122 OR: call 314-984-6975 to have one e-mailed, mailed, or faxed to you. Return applications to: Attn: Human Resources-ACE, at the address listed above OR email to: email@example.com.
PERSONS REQUIRING AN ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR A JOB OPENING
SHOULD CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 314-822-5809.
THE CITY OF KIRKWOOD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AND PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.