Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Kirkwood. Current job openings are listed below. The City does not accept or keep resumes or applications for jobs that are not currently open. For questions about job opportunities, call the Kirkwood Human Resources Department at 314-822-5809, or send an email to email@example.com
For positions requiring resumes, you may email (above), fax (314-822-5863), or mail your resume to: Kirkwood City Hall, Human Resources Department, 139 S. Kirkwood Rd., Kirkwood, MO 63122.
Resumes, Applications, and Closing Dates:
- Resumes are not accepted for all job openings. See individual job postings for instructions on how to apply.
- For most positions, if an application is required, you can complete it online and submit it directly to Human Resources via the link provided. If you prefer a hard copy, you can pick one up from the Human Resources Department at Kirkwood City Hall, or call and request one (see below).
- For Police Officer and Firefighter / Paramedic openings, however, you must call and request an application. These applications are different from the online application.
- Call 314-822-5809 or 314-984-6975 to request an employment application.
- A closing date is provided for each job posted.
- City of Kirkwood's Personnel Rules and Regulations.
Persons requiring an accommodation to apply for a job opening should contact Human Resources at 314-822-5809.
The City of Kirkwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Street Maintenance Worker
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12.00 per hour
- Posted Date:07/25/2019 2:19 PM
STREET MAINTENANCE WORKER, SEASONAL, FULL-TIME
Seasonal position only; 40 hours/week
- Operates a variety of hand-held equipment and machinery in the installation of signage and pavement markings such as power saw, sander, sockets, chainsaw, etc.
- Erects road signs, repairs damaged road signs, and deliver barricades.
- Removes dead animals, and debris from properties, streets, and sidewalks.
- Assists in daily Street Department maintenance.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of street and sidewalk construction methods, materials, and equipment.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to courteously and professionally interact with the public.
- Work and operate vehicles and equipment in extreme hot and cold weather, including during hours of darkness; stand for up to 4 hours; climb ladders; push weight of up to 40 pounds; and grip, hold, and carry objects up to 65 pounds.
- Available and willing to work emergency callouts and unscheduled and scheduled overtime as necessary.
Indoor and outdoor working environment in all weather conditions. May encounter hazards from working in extreme weather conditions as well as exposure to hot material, hazardous material, dust, and other allergens.
To apply: Complete the electronic employment application here. OR: A paper application can be picked up at Kirkwood City Hall, 139 South Kirkwood Road, 63122 OR: call 314-984-6975 to have one e-mailed, mailed, or faxed to you. Return paper applications to: City of Kirkwood, Attn: Human Resources-StreetSeasonal at the address listed above.
PERSONS REQUIRING AN ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR A JOB OPENING SHOULD CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 314-822-5809.
THE CITY OF KIRKWOOD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITYEMPLOYER AND PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.