Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Kirkwood. Current job openings are listed below. The City does not accept or keep resumes or applications for jobs that are not currently open. For questions about job opportunities, call the Kirkwood Human Resources Department at 314-822-5809, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For positions requiring resumes, you may email (above), fax (314-822-5863), or mail your resume to: Kirkwood City Hall, Human Resources Department, 139 S. Kirkwood Rd., Kirkwood, MO 63122.
Resumes, Applications, and Closing Dates:
- Resumes are not accepted for all job openings. See individual job postings for instructions on how to apply.
- For most positions, if an application is required, you can complete it online and submit it directly to Human Resources via the link provided. If you prefer a hard copy, you can pick one up from the Human Resources Department at Kirkwood City Hall, or call and request one (see below).
- For Police Officer and Firefighter / Paramedic openings, however, you must call and request an application. These applications are different from the online application.
- Call 314-822-5809 or 314-984-6975 to request an employment application.
- A closing date is provided for each job posted.
- City of Kirkwood's Personnel Rules and Regulations.
Persons requiring an accommodation to apply for a job opening should contact Human Resources at 314-822-5809.
The City of Kirkwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Finance Assistant Director
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$72,113 - $79,331 annually
- Posted Date:07/25/2019 12:16 PM
JOB OPENING || CITY OF KIRKWOOD
FINANCE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, FULL-TIME
- Performs a variety of complex supervisory, professional, administrative, and technical accounting and finance functions to maintain and report the fiscal operations of the City.
- Assists Finance Director in the development of short and long-range financial plans.
- Supervises assigned operations, including payroll and accounts payable to achieve goals within available financial resources.
- Plans and organizes the workloads and staff assignments.
- Develops, implements, reviews, and modifies internal control procedures to ensure reasonable assurance the financial operations of the City are free of material misstatements and assets are protected from errors, omissions, theft, and fraud.
- Ensures that Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) are followed.
- Coordinates and supervises the City’s annual audit, reviews and edits schedules, in preparation for the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and the Budget Compliance Report.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a closely related field, and five years of experience with at least three years of in governmental accounting.
- Knowledge of double entry accounting theory, internal control procedures and audit practices.
- Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) preferred.
Position is open until filled; however, initial review of applications will begin on August 16, 2019.
STARTING SALARY: $72,113 - $87,256 per year, DOQ, plus excellent benefits. Position is exempt.
To apply: Complete the electronic employment application located HERE OR: A paper application can be picked up at Kirkwood City Hall, 139 South Kirkwood Road, 63122 OR: call 314-984-6975 to have one e-mailed, mailed, or faxed to you. Return paper applications to: City of Kirkwood, Attn: Human Resources-Finance, at the address listed above.
PERSONS REQUIRING AN ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR A JOB OPENING SHOULD CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 314-822-5809.
THE CITY OF KIRKWOOD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.