If there are flags or markings in or on your yard or near your yard, it means somebody – a neighbor or someone planning to do construction work near your yard – has called Missouri One Call Systems to have all nearby utilities located.  When someone is going to dig up the ground for any reason, they are required to locate utilities first.  The company that locates the utilities will come out and mark with paint all the utility locations in the vicinity so that whoever is digging will not dig up a utility line.  Now you can find out what’s going on simply and easily.

Missouri One-Call Systems (MOCS) has added a helpful feature to their Website – the ability to research utility-locating work by area.  “Ticket Search” gives the general public the ability to obtain information about utility-locate work being done in their area, who’s digging in a specific area, and what they are doing.  Users can search by ticket number, if they have one, or they can define the search using other criteria such as date, address, excavator name, etc.  Click here to go directly to the "Ticket Search" page.

Applications and Forms

NEW Plan Review Requirements: 

1) When applying for a permit, two sets of all building documents, drawn to scale, are required for residential permits.  Three sets are required for commercial permits.
2) Missouri Minimum Boundary Survey Required:  TWO COPIES of a Missouri Minimum Boundary Survey, sealed by a Land Surveyor or Engineer within the last 24 months, must be submitted for all new construction, additions, lot coverage, floor area ratio, pools, and detached accessory structures.
3) Review Time:  Review time for single-family new homes is 10 days to two weeks.  The review time for all other permits is seven to 10 days.

Applications / Forms:

Architectural Review Board Application Packet for Additions/Alterations/Detached Structures

Architectural Review Board Application Packet for New Single Family Residence

Architectural Review Board Design Submission Guidelines

Architectural Review Board - Sign Application

Architectural Review Board - Commercial Building Application

Board of Adjustment Application

Building Permit Application  (Signatures are required prior to inspections)  NOTE: For building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and miscellaneous permits, please use the Building Permit Application.

Contractor Business License Application

Demolition Permit Application-Please call sanitation at 314-822-5828 to return recycle cart

Demolition for a detached Accessory Structure Permit Application

Driveway/Sidewalk Permit Application

Excavation Permit Application

Fence Permit Application

Home Occupation Application

Occupancy/Inspection ApplicationCommercial

Occupancy/Inspection Application- Residential

Temporary Tent Permit Application/Requirements

Click here for more information about building and permits.