Plug Into Savings With Kirkwood Electric
Install an electric heat pump and water heater and get a $400 rebate!
Kirkwood Electric Customers:
Here's a great way to save money on your utility bills. With recent reports of skyrocketing gas costs, homeowners are concerned about how to keep their utility bills in check. Kirkwood Electric suggests you consider installing an electric heat pump and an electric hot water heater in your home. You'll see your savings start to add up from the moment you make the switch. Kirkwood Electric's special rebate program encourages new and existing Kirkwood Electric customers to install heat pumps and electric hot water heaters, giving homeowners up to $400 when they install an electric heat pump or electric water heater in their home.
Will It Really Save Me Money?
The short answer is "Yes!" ... installing an electric hot water heater and electric heat pump in your home will save you money. That's because the cost of heating your home and hot water with electricity are significantly less than with gas.
The Rebate Program Is Easy
- Following the installation of any electric water heater or heat pump, a Kirkwood Electric employee will come to your home to verify the installation and operation of the appliance(s).
- Within eight weeks of verification, a check will be paid in the amount of $300 for each qualifying electric heat pump and $100 for each qualifying electric water heater. The check will be mailed directly to the homeowner.
- The air conditioning portion of the heat pump must have a SEER rating of 9.5 or greater.
- The air conditioning portion of the heat pump must have a minimum capacity of 1.5 tons.
- Water heaters must be a minimum of 20 gallons capacity.
You can use any electrician/HVAC dealer you like who is licensed to work in the city of Kirkwood. If you're unsure, call the Building Commissioner's Office at 314-822-5823. This office maintains a list of all electricians licensed to work in the city.
Want more information about the rebate program offered by Kirkwood Electric? Please give us a call at 314-822-5842, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We'd be happy to answer any questions you have.