Neighborhood Caretaker Alert
Response Center

Citizens can use the Neighborhood Caretaker Alert (NCA) form to anonymously notify the City of issues or concerns.  The NCA form is available in paper form only at City Hall, 139 S. Kirkwood Road; at the Kirkwood Community Center, 111 S. Geyer Road; at the Kirkwood Public Library, 140 E. Jefferson Avenue; and at ALL THREE Fire Houses (137 W. Argonne, 11804 Big Bend, and 1321 W. Essex).  If you have completed a form previously, you can find the results of your anonymous Neighborhood Caretaker Alert form here - click on the link and then enter your form number:



Can I pay my electric bill online?
Yes. Please refer to the information under “Finance Department” and online utility billing. Here’s a link to that page.

My street light is out. Can you fix it today?
Kirkwood Electric tries to repair street lights and dusk-to-dawn lights as quickly as possible. However, such repairs are sometimes delayed due to activities of a higher priority. To report a light out, call 314-822-5842, or email Patti Wilkis at

Can electronic equipment be damaged by a power surge?
Most so-called power surges are really something called transient voltages. They can be caused by anything from lightning in the area to static electricity in your own body. Some transient voltages can also be caused by solar flares. Such occurrences are well beyond the control of the electric department.

How often do you trim trees?
Trees in electrical lines can cause costly outages. Kirkwood Electric trims trees to keep the power flowing. The department closely adheres to its tree-trimming policy, a copy of which can be obtained by calling 314-822-5842. Trees on private property are the homeowners’ responsibility. Kirkwood Electric will assist in making sure that your tree contractor can remove it safely.

The street light is shining in my bedroom window. Can you turn it off?
Kirkwood Electric can usually shield the light so it isn’t so intrusive. Unless it is a dusk-to-dawn light for which you are paying, however, we cannot remove it. Call 314-822-5842 to place a service request.

Can I switch from an overhead service to an underground service?
Yes, Kirkwood Electric converts many overhead services to underground every month. You will have to get an electrical contractor to bury a conduit run. Kirkwood Electric will pull in the secondary cable to complete the service.

Can I get my underground service located?
Yes, call Missouri One-Call at 1-800-344-7483.

Can I get all the poles removed from my yard?
Probably not. Power lines that run though your yard are usually serving electricity to your neighbors. Occasionally, wires can be buried, but it is done at cost to the requestor.