Engineering / Planning & Zoning
The Engineering Division of the Public Works Department performs the following functions:
- Administrative services and technical support to Planning and Zoning Commission, including review of Special Use Permits, Subdivisions, Site Plan Reviews, and Rezonings.
- Contract administration and inspection of city construction projects and capital improvement projects.
- Driveway permits for new residential and commercial entrances.
- Inspection of public improvements in new subdivisions.
- Planning, estimating, and prioritizing future public works improvements such as sidewalk, street, curb, and bridge replacement and repair.
The following guidelines provide the Planning and Zoning Commission with a framework for reviewing petitions: