Parks & Recreation
The Kirkwood Recreation Station Ice Arena
111 South Geyer Road
Kirkwood, MO 63122 (map it)
The Kirkwood Recreation Station Ice Arena is open year-round for public skating, skating lessons, and other public activities. To be eligible for the Kirkwood resident prices listed below, you must have a Recreation Station ID Card, issued at the Community Center office. ID cards cost $5, and are valid for three years. To obtain a card come to the Community Center office during regular hours. Bring a current picture ID (MO driver’s license, etc.) showing your Kirkwood address and current utility bill, bank statement or personal property receipt for that same address.
NOTICE - THE ICE RINK WILL BE CLOSED FOR ANNUAL MAINTENANCE BEGINNING SATURDAY, MAY 21 THROUGH MONDAY, MAY 30.
Kirkwood Resident Youth (4-17) - $4.00
Kirkwood Resident Adult (18+) - $4.00
Kirkwood Resident Senior (65+) - $3.50
Non Resident Youth (4-17) - $5.00
Non Resident Adult (18+) - $5.00
Non Resident Senior (65+) - $4.50
Skate Rental $2.00
General Public Skating Information
- Children 3 and under free with each paying adult (excludes skate rental).
- Kirkwood residents must have ID card to receive Kirkwood resident rates.
- Some Session's may not include entire ice surface due to group lessons at rink ends (see Calendar below).
- Skate buckets available to children 8 and under on a first come, first serve basis (supplies limited).
- Rental skate sizes: Children's 6-13, Youth 1-6, Adult 7-14. First come, first serve (supplies limited).
- 10 Admission punch card (purchase 9, get 1 FREE) - $36.00 (Kirkwood Residents), $45.00 (Non Residents).
- Full hockey equipment is strongly discouraged during public skating and is allowed only for children 8 and under.
- Skate sharpening available (next business day only, after 3:00 PM) - $5.00.
Monthly Activity Calendar (Public Skating Times)
May2016 or June2016
Click on the calendar above for Public Skating, Stick and Puck or Freestyle times. Please note that there may be some cancellations or additions due to holidays or other events. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. To download click on the logo
Kirkwood Summer Figure Skating Camp
Kirkwood's Figure Skating Camp offers weekly skating Monday through Friday for USFS and ISI figure skating. We offer sessions for freestyle, MIF and dance for high and low levels. Our program includes on ice classes for Annie's Edges, Moves in the Field, High or Low Power Stroking, and Dance. Our off ice classes include Conditioning, High and Low Ballet, High and Low/Artistic Jazz and Off Ice Jump Training/Technique. Our Summer camp skaters can enjoy both private lessons and group lessons with a custom schedule for busy skters. Camp instructors are certified members of one or more of the following: USFSA, PSA, or ISI. See camp forms:
Read Me First
Camp Care Release Form
Camp Easy Registration Form
Camp Registration Form
Before and After Care
Beginner Camp Letter to Parents
Beginner Camp Registration Form
Beginner Camp Release Form
Synergy Hockey Camps
8 and Under Training Camp - 5 Day, 1/2 Day Program
Half Day, Morning (AM) Camp, Monday through Friday, with 90 minutes of ice time, and 75 minutes of fun each day. Drills, small area games, and an introduction to competition highlight this program.
*June 6-10, 2016 - Kirkwood Ice Arena, Kirkwood, MO - AM 1/2 of Day - $225.00. To enroll, please visit the Synergy Hockey web site at www.synergyhockeyskills.com
Synergy Hockey Camps
Hockey4Life Checking Camp - 3 Day, 1/2 Day Program
Hockey4Life was created to support hockey safety and education by introducing a comprehensive body contact and safety program delivered by industry experts to players and parents.
*June 6-10, 2016 - Kirkwood Ice Arena, Kirkwood, MO - PM, 1/2 Day, 3 Day - $150.00 To enroll, please visit the Synergy Hockey web site at www.synergyhockeyskills.com
All-Star Skills Weekend
Kirkwood Ice Arena / June 25-26
Squirt / PeeWee / Bantam / High School
8:45am - 12:45pm, Combination Skill Camp & 3 vs 3 games
More information coming soon! www.showdownhockey.com
All-Star Skills Camp
Kirkwood Ice Arena / July 18-22
Squirt / PeeWee / Bantam / High Shool
12:30 - 5:15pm, Competitive, high tempo camp geared towards the serious athlete
More information coming soon? www.showdownhockey.com
STICK AND PUCK
These sessions offer participants the opportunity to get on the ice with their own hockey stick and puck. HECC approved helmet (with cage if under 18), gloves, stick, and puck required. Hourly admission fees are $5.00 for Kirkwood Residents and $6.00 for Non Residents. Arrive early, Stick and Puck limited to the first 30 skaters. Some sessions may be canceled, check monthly calendar above for times.
Freestyle sessions offer figure skaters a chance to work on jumps, spins, dance routines, and more. Hourly admission fees are $5.00 for Kirkwood Residents and $6.00 for Non Residents. Some sessions may not include entire ice surface due to group Tot Lessons at rink ends. Some sessions may be canceled, check monthly calendar above for times.
Our party room is the perfect place for birthday and holiday parties, meetings, church group events, and more. Food and beverage can be brought in when renting the party room. For additional information, click HERE. To check availability, call 314-984-6977 or email at Ken Davies.
Discounted rates for public sessions are available for groups of 10 or more. A great idea for church groups, school field trips, holiday parties, scout troops, etc. For more information call 314-984-6977/314-984-6989 or email at Ken Davies. Group arrangements must be made at least five days in advance.
Learn to skate! The Kirkwood Ice Arena offers a wide range of skating lessons for ages 4 through adult, beginner through advanced, group or private. For more information call 314-822-5855. Registration for the Summer session, which begins on Wednesday, June 1, is now OPEN. To view the registration form, including class descriptions, times, dates, and fees, please click HERE . To register on line, click here and follow the directions at the top of the page. Registration can also be made by visiting the Community Center office or by calling 822-5855 (during business hours). If registering by phone, all participants will need to sign a release which can be faxed (314.984.5931) or e-mailed. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. To download click on the logo
General Skating Lesson Information
- Private, semi private, or custom group classes available with Kirkwood Rink Staff - for more information please call 314-984-5950 or email Skating Director at Susie Smith.
- Make up classes will be considered for illnesses and emergencies only. Make ups must be made during same session only, with permission from the Skating Director.
- Due to the nature of this sport, we do not give refunds. All participants canceling in advance from a program voluntarily must present the request in writing and will be assessed a minimum $5.00 program charge. Participants that cancel voluntarily less than one week prior to the start of the program may only receive a partial refund.
- Classes are divided by age and/or ability and filled on a first come, first serve basis. Classes may be combined, changed, or cancelled based on registration levels. Skaters not registered in the appropriate class may be moved.
- There will be no confirmation letters, calls, or e-mails prior to classes starting.
- All classes must be paid in full prior to first lesson. We do not pro rate for missed classes.
- Please be sure your child is ready to participate as we do not offer "try it" classes.
- Registration will close two weeks after the start of each class.
- Helmets are required for hockey classes only, highly recommended for all other classes.
Kirkwood Ice Arena can help you reach your marketing goals with this unique advertising opportunity. Click HERE for more information.
The Kirkwood Youth Hockey Association offers league play for ages 4 through 16, learn to play through advanced levels. For more information visit their website at www.kyha.org.
Gateway Speed Skating Club offers speed skating opportunities for all ages. The club practices regularly at the Kirkwood Ice Arena between September and March. For more information visit their website at www.gatewayspeedskating.org.
HISTORY OF THE RINK
Click HERE for a brief history of the Kirkwood Ice Rink along with some vintage photos.
Former Kirkwood Resident, NHL Star, and current Hall of Famer talks about getting started at the Kirkwood Ice Rink (along with vintage photos).
St. Louis Blues player, Kevin Shattenkirk visits the Little Blues participants at the Kirkwood Ice Arena.
Kirkwood Youth Hockey becomes the 11th Association in the U.S. (and first in Missouri) to receive USA Hockey Model Association status.