If there are flags or markings in or on your yard or near your yard, it means somebody – a neighbor or someone planning to do construction work near your yard – has called Missouri One Call Systems to have all nearby utilities located.  When someone is going to dig up the ground for any reason, they are required to locate utilities first.  The company that locates the utilities will come out and mark with paint all the utility locations in the vicinity so that whoever is digging will not dig up a utility line.  Now you can find out what’s going on simply and easily.

Missouri One-Call Systems (MOCS) has added a helpful feature to their Website – the ability to research utility-locating work by area.  “Ticket Search” gives the general public the ability to obtain information about utility-locate work being done in their area, who’s digging in a specific area, and what they are doing.  Users can search by ticket number, if they have one, or they can define the search using other criteria such as date, address, excavator name, etc.  Click here to go directly to the "Ticket Search" page.


Block Party Requests

Requests for permission to have a Block Party may be submitted by calling 822-5806 or by filling out the electronic request form. 

Please Note:  Unless the party is being held on a cul de sac, streets can only be blocked until dusk.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Following receipt of your request, a letter granting permission for the block party will be sent to you. The Street Department a day or two prior to the party will deliver barricades to the requesting address. They are left by the driveway. The person requesting the barricades is responsible for setting them up and taking them down on the date and time specified. Following the party they should be left at the same driveway they were dropped off at so the Street Department can retrieve them, usually the Monday after the party.