Neighborhood Caretaker Alert
Response Center

Citizens can use the Neighborhood Caretaker Alert (NCA) form to anonymously notify the City of issues or concerns.  The NCA form is available in paper form only at City Hall, 139 S. Kirkwood Road; at the Kirkwood Community Center, 111 S. Geyer Road; at the Kirkwood Public Library, 140 E. Jefferson Avenue; and at ALL THREE Fire Houses (137 W. Argonne, 11804 Big Bend, and 1321 W. Essex).  If you have completed a form previously, you can find the results of your anonymous Neighborhood Caretaker Alert form here - click on the link and then enter your form number:

All Aboard: the City Blog

The City of Kirkwood is BLOGGING!  Join us in the conversation at ALL ABOARD, the City's new blog.  Read cool stuff, and leave a comment or a question!

What's a blog?  Well, it's short for Web Log or Weblog (with the first two letters deleted), which means it's a log or diary about what's going on in the City.  It's less formal in its approach and style, but more interactive!  That means we hope you'll get involved by sending a comment on something you've read on the blog, or by posing a question.

We're glad you're here, and we hope you enjoy the ride!



How many dogs and cats can be kept in a home in Kirkwood?
The City of Kirkwood regulations allow for a maximum of three dogs and/or cats living in each home (house, apartment, or condo). The only exception is for a new litter, which may be kept for up to six months. The City also requires that dog owners pick up their dog’s waste, and all dogs must be on a leash in public.

May I put up signs for my garage sale?
Yes. No permit is required to post a traditional-sized yard sale sign in your yard. Signs posted on a street corner in the public right-of-way may be removed by the police. If posted in a neighbor’s yard, please first obtain their permission, and be sure to take them down promptly at the end of your sale.

Can I get married or obtain a marriage license at Kirkwood City Hall?
No. Marriage licenses are issued by the St. Louis County Government Center located at 41 S. Central Avenue, in Clayton. Call 314-615-7180 for additional information.

How do I get barricades for a block party?
Call 822-5806 at least 72 hours in advance. Call 822-5881 for “No Parking” signs for block parties. Please refer to the Block Party page for complete information about block parties.

Is there a Notary at City Hall?
Not for general public use. City employees can only perform notary services for official City business. However, most banks and credit unions offer notary services to their customers, often at no cost.

When is the Greentree Festival?
The annual Greentree Festival takes place the third weekend in September, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. In 2010, the Festival will be held on September 17, 18, and 19. For more information, please visit the Greentree page.

How can I get a job with the City?
All current job openings are listed on the Employment page.